This article serves as a guide for Administrator on how to set up user accounts and assign them roles.
Navigate to Users Section
- Select ADMIN from the menu.
- From there, you’ll see three tabs. Select USER AND ROLE.
- Click Users.
List of Users
This is the current default view you will see. This list has functionalities you may use to locate account(s) you wish to check.
- Filter Name – type out the name of the person you’re looking for to narrow down the list items.
- Use Pagination Options – Use Previous and Next buttons to navigate on the list. You may also specify the page number you want to check.
- Set Row Numbers – To indicate number of items to be displayed per page of the list.
- Sort Items – Use the column headers to sort items according to a specific attribute.
- Create or Update User Account(s) – Click the button on the right to start creating or aligned with each item to update an account.
Create a New User Profile
Each account’s view differs depending on their given role which will be tackled in this setup.
Provide Profile Information
- Click the button from the list view to open the create form.
- Provide the necessary information.
- Last Name, First Name
- Email and Password are necessary since these will be used as credentials for accessing the application.
- Add a mobile phone number as much as possible. Select a country to get the country code then input the 10-digit mobile number.
Select Role for the Account
These roles will define the scope of access that will be given to the account.
- Select a role appropriate for the user account.
Note: Dependencies vary depending on the role's scope of access.
- Full Access (e.g. Administrator)
- Regional Level (e.g. Regional Manager, Accountant - Requires selecting a region.
- Branch Level (e.g. General Manager, Training Specialist) - Requires selecting a branch.
- Building Level - Requires selecting only the building(s) associated with a project.
- Project Level (e.g. Field/QA Manager, Client, etc.) - Requires selecting project/s
- After selecting a role, enable/select any of these three (if necessary) for the account.
- Enable to activate the account once created or deactivate user’s access if needed.
- Enable so that this user will only see his/her own created work orders.
- Enable so the user will be notified via email when a work order was created for a project assigned to him/her. (User can also turn this off in his/her account if preferred.)
- Select the dependencies needed specific for the selected role.
For example, a Project-level role like a Field or QA manager.
3.1 Click the button that says, SELECT PROJECTS then a dialog box will appear.
3.2 Then, select a branch to list down the project names in it, then select items to be assigned.
3.2 You may use by typing the name of the project to narrow down the options.
3.3 Then click, ADD PROJECTS at the bottom of the list to submit the selected items. Otherwise click CANCEL.
- Once done with the setup and assignment, click CREATE to submit the new entry. Otherwise click CANCEL.
- This popup will show for a few seconds to notify you that the user creation process went successful. (There’s also a variant for updating or when the process fails due to incorrect or duplicate entries.)