This article serves as a guide to an Administrator on how to set up roles to be assigned to users of the application.
Navigate to Role Section
- Select ADMIN from the menu.
- From there, you’ll see three tabs. Select USER AND ROLE.
- Click Roles.
List of Roles
This is the current default view you will see. Roles section is divided in two columns: list of roles and the setup section.
Each role on the list has the same set of options you can apply whenever necessary.
Default - If you want to set the specific role to be assigned to new users (who registered).
Assignable to Work Order - If you want users with this role to be assigned to work orders.
Assignable to Needs Action - If you want users with this role to be assigned to work orders that immediately need action.
- Click this if you want to modify the name and the access(es) given to the role.
- Click this if you want to delete the role.
Note: Deleting a role will only be possible if it is not yet associated with any user.
Setup a Role
On the second column is this role setup section which contains the list of modules and controllable features that can be given/not depending on roles.
- Specify the Role Name
- On the Admin, specify the scope of access the role will have.
- Branches – access scope is only up to assigned branch(es) and project(s) in it.
- Buildings – access is limited only with buildings (of projects).
- Full Access – has full control with all the modules and in managing the application.
- Projects – access scope is only up to assigned projects.
- Regions – access scope is only up to assigned regions and branches in it.
- Next is the list of modules or main sections in the application. Each module has a list of permissions for controllable functionalities.
Note: For every module to be given to a role, “View Details” must be enabled to permit the basic level of access which is read-only.
Click the name of the module to be given to the role, then select functionalities under it to be enabled. Below is an example of a list of permissions which vary for each module. Refer for description of each permission per module here.
- Once you’re done, click Create to submit a new entry. Otherwise click Cancel.