This is a navigation module with the integration of Google Maps. You can use this to easily visualize the location of a project and nearby ones other than just relying on their building addresses. To achieve that, first
Confirm Current Location
- As mentioned in the prerequisites, you must access this locator module using a device with built-in and working GPS to accurately render your current location. It could be a tablet or a smartphone.
- Turn on your device’s location service/ GPS.
Note: On the top section of your screen, or will appear as an indication that the location service is activated. Icon depends on your OS as well as its version.
- For Apple iPads (©Verizon)
- For Android Devices (©Google)
- Then login to Servi-Trak Web app and select from the side menu.
Navigate on the Map
- The red pin on the map indicates your current location which depends on the accuracy of the GPS on your device.
- The blue pins indicate the locations of your company’s projects nearby your current location.
- You may use options on the bottom-right side to zoom in/out the map if you’re looking for specific location or want an overview.
- Click button on the upper-right side to view the map in full screen.
Set current location as a Project’s Location
Assuming your device with GPS displays your location accurately on the map, you may assign it as a project’s location.
- Type the project’s name on the text field then select it from the options that will appear.
- Click the “SET” button.
- If successful, the will change to a pin as an indicator that it’s saved as a project’s location and the project’s name w/ GPS coordinates (longitude, latitude) will be included on the list.
Remove set project’s location (GPS coordinates)
This functionality can be executed for the following reasons:
- If for instance, you set your current location to a wrong project
- If a project changed its location and you have to update
- For any valid reason that you just really have to remove/unset
- Scroll through the project list and look for the project’s name which location you want to unset
- Below the information for each project similar to above, click the button.
- This dialog box will appear at the bottom of the list to give you an option to undo your last unsetting action. If you have to, button. Otherwise, just ignore it.
- After successfully removing the set location of a project, it will also be removed from the list of projects that can be located on the map.
List of Projects on the Map
Please note that only projects with set locations will appear on this list. For the rest, you will have to set their location.
- Project’s Name
- Project’s Address
- Location coordinates: Latitude, Longitude
- View Project’s Location
1.1 Scroll through the list then select the project’s name which location you want to check.
1.2 The map will automatically navigate and zoom into that project’s location with a pop-up box containing brief information (Project’s name and address).
- View Project’s Details
2.1 By clicking from the pop-up, you’ll be routed to details screen in the Projects section.
2.2 To go back on the map (Project Locator), click the arrow on the left side of your browser's navigation or click from Servi-Trak's main menu.
Search for a Project
To search for a project you can use the search field:
- Just select from the dropdown on the search field
- type the name of the project
The list will return the narrowed-down results based on the search input.